Comilla University shortly CoU is a public university that emerged on 28 May 2006 and is one of the newly established universities in Bangladesh. Though it is a newly established university, the university has achieved huge success in improving through various reforms.
The CoU has drawn all’s attention and occupies a reputed position among all the top-ranked universities in Bangladesh. So it has been noticed among all the people to know more about the university. With this in mind, I will write about Comilla University (CoU).
Comilla University (CoU)
Comilla University is a well-decorated university located at Kotbari, Comilla, Bangladesh, affiliated with University Grants Commission, Bangladesh. The university was first established on only 50 acres of land at Lalmai Bihar, Moynamoti. CoU was inaugurated on 8 February 2006, and the class is started on 28 May 2007.
It is estimated that it is not too late for Comilla University to become the top university in the country. With this in mind, the university is undergoing extensive development. Here we will be informed of details on Comilla University as much as possible. So let’s get started.
Location & Area
Comilla University is a public university located at Kotbari, Comilla, Bangladesh. The university was constructed on 250 acres (100 ha) (54 acres in Salmanpur, and 200 acres in Rajarkhola, Kotbari, Cumilla) of land at Shalban Vihara, Moynamoti.
However, it was not long before Comilla University was established; it has a last academic figure. During its establishment, the CoU had started with seven functional departments, and right now, there are 19 departments Under 6 faculties.
CoU Academic Faculty
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Business Studies
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Public Administration
- Mass Communication and Journalism
Faculty of Business Studies
- Management Education
- Accounting and Information Systems
- Finance and Banking
Faculty of Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology
Faculty of Law
Comilla University is a public university, so students from around the country come here to get admitted and get a higher and quality education. With this in mind, the CoU university takes admission every year as the other public universities.
Presently Comilla University provides the following programs,
After the admission test, the university publishes choose the students according to their merit lists and admit the students.
As a modern-based University, Comilla University provides all services to develop the talents of its students. Among all the benefits, Residence Hall, Transport, Medical Center, Sports And Culture, ICT Cell, Guest House, Cafeteria, Post Office, etc., are especially notable.
Comilla University provides residential student halls for the students. The university authority needs to manage halls for deserving poor students and those from very far from the country. Comilla University has five galleries; Two for females and three for male students (one female hall is under process).
- Shaheed Dhirendranath Datta Hall
- Kazi Nazrul Islam Hall
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibor Rahman Hall
- Nawab Faizunnesa Choudhurani Hall (Female)
- Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib Hall (Female, under construction)
Central Library is one of the accessory best places for developing the students’ talents. In a library, students will gain knowledge on different topics. Comilla University also has a central library that provides services from Sunday to Thursday: 9.00 am – 8.00 pm.
Also has offered Reading facilities of all kinds of reading materials, Book circulation facilitation, Bangabandhu Corner’ with books related to Liberation War & History of Bangladesh, E-resource Centre, Online Access Services to the students.
Presently, Comilla University has a collection of 23,000 books, 145900 e-books, 709 Journals, 50000 e-journals, 379 reports: 379, and 21 newspapers.
Transport Service and Medical Center
Comilla University provides Transport Service and Medical Center services. There are a number of buses, cars for the students to deliver the students to their destination. Students of Comilla university take physical treatment from the Medical Center, and there are also some specialist doctors for special treatment.
Mission & Vision
Comilla University has set some missions and visions to move forward. The university’s vision is to build up the university as the center of knowledge for enlightened, creative, and competent human resources.
As the vision, the university set up the following morals,
- Offer a full range of degree programs covering bachelor, master, doctoral, and professional levels to the wide variety of students across the world to acquire existing knowledge and create new;
- Ensure nationally competitive and internationally acknowledged opportunities to provide the best teaching-learning environment through the continually improved curriculum;
- Enhance labs, resources, and other infrastructures to usher a culture of creation and innovation amongst faculty members and students;
- Develop high levels of managerial and practical skills and leadership among students through programs, faculty-student interaction, university-industry collaboration, co-curricular and extracurricular activities, and social engagement;
- Nurture an environment, giving space to free thoughts and expressions, wisdom and creation, and produce inertly enlightened, philosophically critical, and ethically sound humans to bring about positive change for humanity.
That’s all I have for you. I will try to add more information here over time. If you have more information, you may send it via comment below. For more information, visit http://cou.ac.bd/ or visit Comilla University Wiki.