Khulna Agricultural University briefly KAU is a Government financed agricultural university in Bangladesh wends from 14 July 2015. It is the 43rd public university and 5th agricultural university in Bangladesh.
The main purpose of the university is to improve the agricultural sector of Bangladesh. KAU also offers courses in all academic disciplines related to veterinary, agriculture, fisheries, agricultural engineering, agricultural economics and researches the full spectrum of academic activity.
The university is also committed to providing needs-based quality education and cutting-edge research. Also, it keeps focusing on safety and sufficient food production. Now the university is very popular with all and most of us are interested to know details about the university.
Khulna Agricultural University
The primary objective of establishing Khulna Agricultural University is to produce graduates who will contribute to the development of sustainable development and technological innovation and develop species that will survive with the full catastrophic climate of the Southern part.
With this in mind, the Khulna Agricultural University act was implemented at National Parliament on 14th July 2015, giving special importance to Agricultural education and research. The dream dreamed by the Bangabandhu to make ‘Sonar Bangla’ will be true fast by establishing the university.
- Category: Public University
- Year of establishment: 2015
- Vice-Chancellor: Prof. Dr. Md. Shahidur Rahman Khan
- Website: www.kau.edu.bd
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone / Mobile: 01711341261
KAU Location & Area
Khulna Agricultural University is located in Khulna, Bangladesh. First of all, the university had been set up at Deana, Daulatpur, Khulna (Temporary), and then it was shifted at Arangghata, Khulna, for permanent.
KAU Academic Body
KAU contains a huge body with many faculties and departments. Presently, there are seven faculties in Khulna Agricultural University with 51 departments. Here are the details about the university given below.
KAU has a total of 7 faculties for 51 departments.
- Faculties and Departments
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences
- Faculty of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Studies
- Faculty of Agricultural Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Food Sciences and Safety
- Faculty of Environment, Disaster Risks, and Agro-Climatic Studies
Faculty of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Anatomy and Histology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Department of Microbiology and Public Health
- Department of Livestock Production and Management
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Parasitology
- Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding
- Department of Dairy Science
- Department of Poultry Science
- Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine
- Department of Animal Nutrition
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Theriogenology
Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Agronomy
- Department of Soil Science
- Department of Entomology
- Department of Horticulture
- Department of Plant Pathology
- Department of Crop Botany
- Department of Plant Genetics and Biotechnology
- Department of Agricultural Extension and Information Systems
- Department of Agroforestry
- Department of Agricultural Chemistry
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Faculty of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences
- Department of Fishery Biology and Genetics
- Department of Aquaculture
- Department of Fishery Resources Conservation and Management
- Department of Fisheries Technology and Quality Control
- Department of Oceanography
- Department of Fish Health Management
Faculty of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Studies
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Sociology and Rural Development
- Department of Agribusiness and Marketing
- Department of Agricultural Statistics and Bioinformatics
- Department of Agricultural Finance, Co-operative, and Banking
- Department of Language and Communication Studies
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering and Technology
- Department of Farm Structure
- Department of Farm Power and Machinery
- Department of Irrigation and Water Management
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Mathematics and Physics
Faculty of Food Sciences and Safety
- Department of Food Engineering and Technology
- Department of Food Nutrition
- Department of Quality Control and Safety Management
- Department of Bioprocess Engineering
Faculty of Environment, Disaster Risks, and Agro-Climatic Studies
- Department of Environment and Agroclimatic Studies
- Department of Forestry and Mangrove Studies
- Department of Wildlife Ecology
- Department of Disaster Risk Management
Khulna Agricultural University is a popular public agricultural university that provides Undergraduate, Master’s, Doctoral, and Diploma & Certificate programs. Here are all the disciplines of the undergraduate program.
B.Sc. Vet Science and Animal Husbandry
Bachelor of Biomedical Science
B.Sc. Agricultural Economics(Hons.)
B.Sc. Agricultural Engineering
B.Sc. Biocomputing Engineering
B.Sc. Food Engineering
B.Sc. Food Safety Management
Bachelor of Environmental Science(Hons.)
B.Sc. Disaster Management (Hons.)
Khulna Agricultural University is one of the modern agricultural universities that contains all the modern and necessary facilities & services for the students and all the staff.
Accommodation, Students’ Hostels, Teachers’ Residence, Teacher-Student Center (TSC), Guest House, Common Room, Clubs, Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sports Club, Cultural Club, Debating Club, Computer Club, Germplasm Center, Botanical Garden, Botanical Garden, Transportation, ICT Cell, Bank, Library, Telephone Directory are most notable.
With all my efforts, I have collected all the above information. I know that all the information is not enough for you; I will try to add more necessary information here to learn more about the university; visit kau.edu.bd.