Khulna University shortly known as KU is one of the largest and renowned public universities in Bangladesh. It is the 9th public university in the country. Kudrat-e-Khuda Commission at first stated regarding the University of Khulna in 1974.
Finally, KU set out its operation on 25 November 1991. Since its inception, the university has passed a long way with a great reputation spreading the light of wisdom science worldwide. Today the KU remains standing proudly.
Khulna University (KU)
Many of us have a great desire to know a lot about Khulna University. The only student politics-free university Khulna University is qualified in different qualities and there is no session jam that why most of the students want to get admitted here to get a secure campus life and that is the special characteristic of the university.
The administrators and the administration system really deserve a lot of praise. There are some residential halls for both males and females and many national and international research projects are ongoing here. The overall improvement of the students is really satisfactory. However, here you will get details about KU so keep reading.
- Established: 25 November 1991
- Address: Sher-E-Bangla Rd, Khulna 9208
- Hours: Closes 5 PM
- Vice-chancellor: Mohammad Fayek Uzzaman
- Notable alumni: Abdullah Al-Mamun Bulbul, Nazmul Haque
- Founded: 1991
- Number of students: 6,965
- Affiliations: Association of Commonwealth Universities, University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Postgraduates: 1,015
- Doctoral students: 45
- Other students: 387
- Location: Gollamari, Khulna, 9208, Bangladesh 22.802°N 89.533°ECoordinates: 22.802°N 89.533°E Campus Urban, 106 acres (43 ha)
- Language: English
- UGC: (BD)
- Website: ku.ac.bd
Khulna University Location & Area
Khulna University is located at Gollamari, Khulna, 9208, (22.802°N 89.533°E) Bangladesh by the Khulna-Satkhira highway that is 4 km away from the heart of the Khulna city and by the river of Moyer. The evergreen campus is able to arrest anyone’s hurt for a while.
The whole eye-catching campus is on the 106-acre land. presently, around 7 thousand students study at the university under 443 academic staff and
601 administrative staff.
Khulna University Academic Bodies
Khulna University possesses one of the largest academic bodies. There is a total of 8 schools 29 disciplined under the schools.
Khulna University Schools
- Science, Engineering, and Technology (SET) School
- Life Science (LS) School
- School of Management & Business Administration (MBA)
- Social Science School
- Arts and Humanities School
- School of Law
- Fine Arts School
- Education School
Science, Engineering, and Technology (SET) School
- Architecture (ARCH) Discipline
- Chemistry (CHEM) Discipline
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Discipline
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) Discipline
- Mathematics (MATH) Discipline
- Physics (PHY) Discipline
- Statistics (STAT) Discipline
- Urban and Rural Planning (URP) Discipline
Life Science (LS) School
- Agrotechnology (AT) Discipline
- Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (BGE) Discipline
- Environmental Science (ES) Discipline
- Fisheries and Marine Resources Technology (FMRT) Discipline
- Forestry and Wood Technology (FWT) Discipline
- Pharmacy (PHARM) Discipline
- Soil, Water and Environment (SWE) Discipline
School of Management & Business Administration (MBA)
- Business Administration (BA) Discipline
- Human Resource Management (HRM) Discipline
Social Science School
- Economics (ECON) Discipline
- Development Studies (DS) Discipline
- Sociology (SOC) Discipline
- Mass Communication and Journalism (MCJ) Discipline
Arts and Humanities School
- Bangla Language and Literature (BNL) Discipline
- English (ENG) Discipline
- History and Civilization Discipline
School of Law
- Law Discipline
Fine Arts School
- Drawing and Painting (DP) Discipline
- Print Making Discipline
- Sculpture Discipline
- Institute of Education and Research
Khulna University Admission
Khulna University is a public university and so every year the university takes admission. At KU university, Undergraduate, Graduate, Ph.D., Postgraduate in Diploma admissions are available. If you want to get details on KU admission then enter the following link and get the overall information. Right now the university offers
KU Mission & Vission
Every educational institution has some mission and vision and to achieve the goal the institution tries backbones. Khulna University has also assumed some missions and visions. Here all are narrated below.
- To explore the human potential to its fullest extent and produce self-motivated, aspiring leaders to work for the betterment of humankind.
- To create a transformative educational experience for students focusing on poverty eradication, food and nutritional security, environmental sustainability, socio-economic well-being, and climate-resilient development through judicious management of the natural resources of the country.
- To foster creative learning, entrepreneurship, and inquisitiveness among students based on moral values, professional ethics, and social responsibilities.
- To ensure a quality educational experience that enables graduates to make demonstrable economic and social impacts through translating knowledge and innovation into practice.
- To nurture an enabling environment that produces human resources inspired by wisdom, freethinking, creativity, and unhindered intellectual exercises.
- The vision of the KU is to create a knowledge-based just society through accelerating inclusive and transformative growth of Khulna, Bangladesh, and the world. The university aims to achieve this vision through cross-cutting research, scholarly inquiry, and the development of new knowledge.
Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL)
In Khulna University, there is a service-oriented and research-led center named Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) that is mainly working for the improvement of the University’s learning and teaching system.
The mission and vision of the CETL are to deliver high-quality professional learning programs, to engage in scholarship and conduct research in support of university-wide teaching and learning developments. The mission of CETL is to work across Khulna University to enhance the quality of the student learning experience and the quality of the teacher’s experience.
KU Central Library
The library is the prerequisite for a University where the student can compare their knowledge and get different types of knowledge. Khulna University has a central library established in 1987 that accommodates 125 students, 25 teachers, and research scholars working simultaneously.
There is a huge collection of books here about 25,000 reading materials, including 23,000 books and 200 bound volumes of journals. This university is always connected with the Automation and Networking of Science Technology Libraries in Bangladesh (BANSLINK), BANSDOC, BERNET, and UGC.
Khulna University Residential Halls
As students of Khulna University come from around the country and some of them from overseas so there is a great importance of residential halls in KU university. Right now, there is a total of five fully completed halls and the other two are under construction. Three halls are for the male and two are for the female.
- Khan Jahan Ali Hall (male students)
- Khan Bahadur Ahsanullah Hall (male students)
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Hall (Male students)
- Aparajita Hall (Female students)
- Bangamata Sheikh Fojilatunnesa Mujib Hall (female students)
Khulna University Research & Institutions
For research, Khulna University has set up Khulna University Research Cell in 2000 where all the instructors and experts run their researches. To conduct research KU has published a journal named Khulna University Studies.
There are 30 modern laboratories, Computer Laboratories, Building Science, Acoustic and Lighting laboratories for modern architectural design, Biotechnology laboratories, Tissues Culture Laboratory, Centre for Geographic Information System (CGIS), Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Laboratory for using Landsat imageries and inventory purpose.
I always try to rich the articles. I have tried to add here all the legal and valid information. If you have more information then send us via comment. If you need more information then visit https://ku.ac.bd/ or Khulna University wiki.