Islamic University, Bangladesh briefly IU, formerly Islamic University, Kushtia is a top-ranked university in Bangladesh established on 22 November 1979. It is one of the oldest and largest seats of higher education in the southwestern part of the country, established after the country’s independence.
Islamic University is the seventh oldest university in the country and the first university in Bangladesh established after the liberation from West Pakistan in 1971.
Most of us have a great destination to know about the Islamic University, and from that sense, I am here trying to write about the IU university.
Islamic University, Bangladesh (IU)
Islamic University is an exceptional university in Bangladesh for some particular reasons. Enhancing the quality of higher education and research is the university’s motto.
It is the only university where theology and seven other academic departments/faculties such as engineering and technology, humanities, social sciences, science, biology, business administration, and law are practiced simultaneously. Presently, more than 18000 thousand students are taking their academic education.
IU Location & Area
The Islamic University is in an advantageous position in terms of geographical location. IU is located in Kushtia, Khulna, beside the Kushtia-Jhinaidah highway, 24 kilometers south of Kushtia and 22 kilometers north of Jhenidah district-town in the lush green countryside.
Islamic University is one of the largest universities with 175 acres (71 ha) that is really vast and well decorated.
IU Mission & Objectives
Islamic University missions and objectives are here:
- To provide instructions in theology and other fields of Islamic studies and comparative jurisprudence and such other branches of learning at the graduate and post-graduate levels and make provisions for research, including post-doctoral research and training for advancement and dissemination of knowledge.
- To create a new generation of people who will be equipped with academic excellence, professional expertise, and encored with moral height.
- To extend the scope and increase opportunities for higher education and research in every branch of human knowledge and ensure quality.
IU Academic Bodies
Islamic University contains a large academic body and is monitored by some professional, skilled directors, among them 8 faculties, 32 departments, 8 residential halls, a central library, a medical center, and so many others.
Islamic University Faculties and Departments
Islamic University Kustia has a total of 8 faculties and 34 subjects available for students. All faculties and departments of Islamic University are given below:
Faculty of Theology and Islamic Studies:
- Department of Al-Quran and Islamic Studies
- Department of Al-Hadith and Islamic Studies
- Department of Dawah and Islamic Studies
Faculty of Arts:
- Department of Arabic Language and Literature
- Department of Bengali
- Department of English
- Department of Islamic History and Culture
- Department of Fine Arts
Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Folklore Studies
- Department of Development Studies
- Department of Social Welfare
Faculty of Law:
- Department of Law
- Department of Al-Fiqh & Legal Studies
- Department of Law and Land Management
Faculty of Business Administration:
- Department of Accounting and Information Systems
- Department of Management
- Department of Finance and Banking
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Department of Human Resource Management
Faculty of Sciences:
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Environmental Science and Geography
Faculty of Engineering and Technology:
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Information and Communication Technology
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
Faculty of Biological Sciences:
- Department of Applied Nutrition and Food TechnologyMaster’sent of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- Department of Pharmacy
- Institute of Islamic Education and Research (IIER)
- Institute of Modern Languages (proposed)
- Institute of Education and Research (Proposed)
- From all the departments IU offers,
- Bachelor with Master’s: BA, BTIS, BBA, BSS, LL.B, B.Sc. B. Pharm, B. Engg
- Master’s: MA, MTIS, MBA, MSS, LL.M, M.Sc, M.Pharm, M. Engg.
- Higher Degrees: M.Phil, Ph.D
2. Degrees awarded from the IU (till June 2019):
- Doctor of Philosophy: 464
- Master of Philosophy: 666
- Master’s: 22581
- Bachelors with Honours: 24933
Islamic University Admission
As IU is a public university, every year, the university arranges the admission program for the students. Students from around the country and also frMaster’seas come to the university for higher education.
IU offers an annual admission test, and after a few days, the admission test result is officially published. The students admit here based on their merit lists. Presently the IU offers,
- Undergraduate Admission
- Master’s Admission
- Higher Degrees
- To get admission related, all the informants visit Islamic University Admission.
Islamic University offers students excellent facilities. The students get a chance to grow their merit and make proper use of their acquiring knowledge in real-life situations. Residential halls, office of transportation, ICT cell, Computer Center, Co-Curricular activities, Medical Center, Physical Center, TSCC facilities are especially noteworthy.
Residential hall is constructive for the students to pursue their study so and adequately all the university as most of the students of this university are from very far, so the importance of the residential halls is unavoidable. The university has 8 residential halls, and 5 are for the male, and 3 are for the female. Here you will get the lists of the halls.
For male students:
- Saddam Hossain Hall
- Shahid Ziaur Rahman Hall
- Jatir Pita Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Hall
- Lalon Shah Hall
- Sheikh Russel Hall
For female students:
- Begum Khaleda Zia Hall
- Bangamata Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib Hall
- Deshratna Sheikh Hasina Hall
IU Central Library
The contribution of the library to building a healthy nation is undeniable. It is helpful in the intellectual development of learners. Therefore, it is not possible to think of the absence of a library in an educational center like the university. Islamic university also has a central library named King Fahad-bin- Abdul Aziz Library.
This three-story library is considered the most extensive library that holds a collection of more than 103408 books, 30,000 manuscripts in various languages, over 19,029 current foreign journa29 August also 13 E-Publishers (ACM, Emerald, JSTOR, IEEE, Wiley, Cambridge University Press, McGraw-Hill, Oxford University Press, Pearson Education, SAGE, Springer, T&F, and World Scientific).
Islamic Univesity Medical Centre
A Medical Centre in IU was established on 29 August 1995 that provides physical treatment to teachers, students, and employees. There are 24/7 hrs medical services provided by the medical centers, and also there is a team of specialist doctors who are always in service.
All the physical treatment includes emergency service, outdoor and indoor (observation only) service, ambulance service, medicine, pathology, sonography, modern eye equipment, ENT treatment, minor surgeries, dentistry, That’senin, counseling, and motivation here.
IU Research Center
Since the emancipation of the IU, the university has researched various topics and published a number of researches. Consequently, the IU has been rewarded many times, not only nationally but also internationally.
That’s all I have for you. I think you are pleased reading the whole article. If you are missing here, let us inform via comment, and if you have more information, you must comment in the interest of an informative article. You may visit Islami University, Kushtia, or IU Details for more information.